Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where the Heck Are the New Posts?!

Well, that's a good question. It has been two months since my last post, here on a blog I was really hoping would be updated 3-4 times a month. How on earth could that be? There's a pretty darn good reason.

I have nothing to talk about as all my hypnosis subjects have either vanished or bailed on me. Not kidding.

I had such great plans for this summer. A number of new subjects and great videos with back-stories to be told and shared here on the ol' blog. Spiffy-keen. But alas, 'twas not to be.

One new subject, who had a trial run at trance when he came to visit me about working as a model, was so excited about his first experience that he was practically jumping in place at the idea of returning and has never been seen again.

Another who is probably one of the best subjects I've ever had has become such a person in demand this summer that he is never available for anything. I would be astounded if he finds time to poop.

I met a sharp new subject at a summer party and was very impressed by how well he responded to suggestion and how effective his first-time trance state was. He was over the moon about appearing on my YouTube show. So much so, evidently, that he has missed several scheduled appointments and ignored a number of follow-up invitations.

Don't even get me started about the friend from out of state who was making a special trip to visit but had his work schedule changed and thus had to cancel.

The list goes on.

In short, I am feeling immeasurably cranky and irritable. I have begun to think that it's not just that summer is a crazy, busy, and unpredictable time of year. It's not that I am drawn to unreliable people. It's got to be me. I am doing something to drive away in droves those who would otherwise be excellent subjects. What the hell am I doing wrong?! If I knew, I would fix it pronto. But I have no clue. I don't know of any other hypnotists who have this problem.

Or maybe they do, and we just never hear about it.

1 comment:

  1. That's really a darned shame. ~_~

    Good luck finding new subjects, and I hope they're a little less, well, flaky?

    ReplyDelete